Our Music Provision

Instrumental Music Lessons

At Cornerstone we have an excellent instrumental music lesson service, offering quality tuition through our experienced and specialist music teachers across both schools. A wide range of musical instruments can be learnt spanning all instrument groups and include trumpet, cornet, trombone, clarinet, flute, piano, keyboard, guitar and soon strings (such as violin, viola and cello).

Pupils learning an instrument are given regular opportunities to perform to others and share their learning, through termly concerts. The children see their progress measured weekly in a detailed log book that the teacher uses to record their effort and improvements as well as reflecting on their home practice diary. This and the annual written report to parents inform families of the progress their children are making throughout their time with their instrumental teacher.

Music lessons are open to children from years 2 – 6, although experience has shown that some of the instruments may not be suitable for the younger children in Year 2. We will advise you if this is the case on receipt of your request.

Our instrumental lessons run every term, and on average for 12 lessons per term. We will be offering individual music lessons in the spring term, priced as follows:

Individual £16 per lesson and £176 for the spring term (25 minute session)

Our instrumental lessons are very popular, and as such can often have a waiting list, so to register your interest in starting please complete a form from reception in school.

The music service is being subsidised by the Trust to limit the costs to parents. We are however in a position to offer further support via a discount to those on income support, which is assessed by those children in receipt of free school meals. Please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you feel that this may apply to you.

Instruments are available to hire from Babcock LDP Music Service. For more information please visit their website and complete the online form or download a printable form.